Learn more about how Clinovera worked with a leading healthcare system to develop a comprehensive system to help patient movement and allocation of resources across 250+ regional hospitals and healthcare organizations in case of disaster and evacuation orders.
About the Client
- A system of 250 Hospitals in Eastern US
- Business: Relocation of patients and disaster recovery solution
- Summary: Designing a flexible and configurable solution in support of disaster recovery requirements in a series of phased work
- Services: Disaster Recovery System, Healthcare Operations Management
Clinovera has been working with a leading Healthcare system to develop a comprehensive system designed to help in patient movement and allocation of resources across 250+ regional hospitals and healthcare organizations servicing millions of patients.
Designing and implementing this system is complex. Moving patients between hospitals present multiple logistical and informational challenges.
These challenges include but are not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of all types of services a specific organization can provide.
- Availability of qualified staff to perform services.
- Real-time information about bed availability at specific units
- Analysis of geo-positioning information of each of the healthcare organizations to determine the most efficient routes for patient movement.
- Near-real-time information about transportation and EMT services
Working closely with and under the guidance of our client business leadership, we’ve developed a flexible and configurable system in support of Disaster Recovery requirements.
We have completed two phases of system development and are working on the third phase expanding its capabilities and reach.